- Carroll’s Men’s Shop opened in 1947 and was bought by Steve and Nancy Murray in 1984. Steve started working there in 1967.
- Spring is a busy time with tuxedo rentals for weddings and proms. They also do varsity jackets.
- Murray is encouraged by the revitalization he’s seen of Main Street over the past few years, including remodeling to the building he’s in.
- Over the years, Murray has seen the focus of the store and fashion change from formal wear to causal clothes.
COSHOCTON – Steve Murray of Carroll’s Men’s Shop can easily size up a customer when they walk in the door. After 54 years in the men’s clothing business a tape measure just confirms what he already knows.
The store at 541 Main St. dates back to 1947 and a little further down the road. Murray has a picture in the back showing where the shop used to be